Sunday 6 May 2012

the fear.

Just less than a month to go before everything has to be finished, handed in, degree show set up and uni is over. Expletive. Whilst I would definitely say the pressure has been on these past few weeks, I don't think "THE FEAR" will kick in until I walk into the first year hall, the venue of our degree show and the last hurdle. Or maybe it'll be tomorrow with a meeting that'll run through the protocol of the coming weeks.

Anyway, enough of that. One of my recent projects was a Levi's campaign. It kind of split itself into two directions; one a typographic experiment using the lasercutter and denim, the other a more commercial translation. This is one of the results:


Originally intended to be a clean, bright design etched into denim, it developed into a grungy, worn piece of typography which I actually think fits the context better. It looks 'lived out', achieved by distressing the  lasercut surface of the text.

0 comments: